Saturday, May 19, 2018

Anyone who has had access to the internet within the last several weeks knows about the abortion debate in Ireland. On May 25th, the fate of the country will be decided: either the majority will vote no, and the 8th Amendment protecting unborn babies will stand, or the majority will vote yes, and the lives of innocent children will be thrown to the winds. The latter situation is a difficult thing for many pro lifers to face, but sadly this situation may become a reality very soon.
Like almost every other young person living in this day and age I have various forms of social media. I follow my cousins (very many) on said social media. My cousins are young people living in Ireland. Every single one of them is voting yes in the referendum.
Why? Surely they were all raised Catholic, nominally at least.  
Young people in Ireland are voting yes because Ireland is already secularized to the point where the youth take as a guide not the precepts of the Church but whatever is against those commandments. Keep holy the Sabbath Day? Kids don’t go to Mass. You shall not commit adultery? Everyone lives with their boyfriend/girlfriend before marriage. You shall not kill? Now everyone is clamoring for the “right” to kill a baby in the womb. Yes, it is a baby. My cousin is a midwife. She delivers babies. Guess what? She’s voting yes. My other cousin is a teacher who works with kids every day. Guess what? She’s voting yes.
I am writing this because I fear that soon there will be many murders of innocent children in Ireland. These children will never be able to go to school, ride a bike, or make friends. They will not be able to run races or laugh in the sun. They will not be able to hug their mothers and tell them they love them because these children will be dead. Because they will be dead they will not be able to talk. So today I am speaking for these children, because it seems that hardly any other young Irish person will do so. I cannot vote as I do not live in Ireland, but I am praying today, tomorrow, and always--no to abortion in Ireland and all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment